Monday, August 19, 2013

Who to Vote For

So it's been a while. I've got sooo much to write about - BUT with the election looming I have been a little amused about a few things...
I'm just watching a story about the Bob Katter Party on ABC's 7:30. Country singer James Blundell has joined the party. When asked what strengths the part had his had his response was:
"We don't have any prior records"
Huh? He went on to explain that
"It may not sound like much of an advantage, but yeah it is at the moment I mean, nobody can judge us on anything we've done wrong in the past".
Yeah right. It's ok James, some of us already know Katter is a mad hatter.
Just like anyone with half a brain knows Tony Abbott is a sexist conservative twit who, honestly if he was a good representation of the average Australian I might just consider a move to New Zealand - and the South Island at that!!!! Brrrr. If you missed it, when recently asked about a female liberal candidate's strengths Big Tone noted her 'sex appeal' among the list of attributes.
A blog titled What's The Run Dude has published 16 reasons why Tony Abbot shouldn't become Prime Minister. Well worth a read. According to Liam, Tony has stated:
‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’
Really. He is pretty talented. I mean he can even turn the price of carbon into a sexist comment:
'What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’
But then this is someone who has referred to climate change as 'crap'.
Lets give him some credit - it's not just women who threaten him....he doesn't like poofs either:
'If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’
Or abos...
'Now, I know that there are some Aboriginal people who aren’t happy with Australia Day. For them it remains Invasion Day. I think a better view is the view of Noel Pearson, who has said that Aboriginal people have much to celebrate in this country’s British Heritage’
Or those pesky people who keep risking life and limb on the high seas....
'These people aren’t so much seeking asylum, they’re seeking permanent residency. If they were happy with temporary protection visas, then they might be able to argue better that they were asylum seekers’

But enough of Tony. I think the big issue for me is that I know who I DON'T want to vote for. The list is quite long. Problem is that the list for whom I WOULD like to vote for looks a little like this:

PEOPLE I WOULD VOTE FOR:
?
?
?
?





No comments:

Post a Comment